QUOTE

From the view of a 20-something dream chaser.

Senior Year: Part 1

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Winter 2011: London PR study abroad

It both saddens and excites me to think that Monday is the first day of my senior year of college. I know this is cliché, but it seriously seems like yesterday that I moved into my residence hall freshman year. What's amazing is that the friends I made that year are still my friends today, and then some. I couldn't have chosen a better institution to receive my undergraduate degree from than George Mason University. I could go on and on about how great it is, but you’ll just have to come see for yourself. And if I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, I actually might have dedicated one more minute to my cram and paper-writing sessions, but that's it. I really feel that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now and I couldn't be happier.
Freshman year: 90s Party


That might be because the school year hasn't officially started yet. And let me tell ya--I am envisioning a semester that will be described as nothing less than intense. Think I'm exaggerating? I'm not. Let's start with 15 credits (which is normal, not an overload at all) and add a part-time job. Cool. Then sprinkle a PAID internship (God is good!) on top, with a side of another internship (when God's good, He's REALLY good!). Not to mention I am the Vice President of Akoma Circle, a mentor program for freshman and transfer students, and my duties for that will seemingly be endless. I somehow have to manage to find time to get mentally prepared for the upcoming local pageant season (my ticket to Miss Virginia 2012) and squeeze in a social life. Oh and my parents (for some odd reason) think I should come home to visit every so often. Bring on the busy! It's already been "broughten." And I wouldn't have it any other way. I can do this.



Sophomore Year as a Patriot Leader
Sophomore Year as a Mason Cheerleader

Junior Year: It snowed

Junior Year: Another Party

The memories I’ve already made really can’t be put into words, but if I had a thousand, these pictures would speak every word of them.

I’m still Delesia. My best friend then is still my best friend, my career goals are the same and I still have my head screwed on right (Why wouldn’t I?) So not much has changed. Except everything has changed. I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is, but I do know that I have been changed for good over the past three years. Needless to say, I’ve had a lifetime of preparation, a great foundation, the best friends and family and I possess all the optimism in the world to get me through this challenging, yet thrilling semester ahead. 


Sophomore Year: The Blackout

I have so much to look forward to—what’s below is just a glimpse. They’re in no particular order, yet still in a particular order:

1.      My internships – there’s nothing like having experience in your field
2.      Wicked at the Landmark – saw it on Broadway my senior year of high school (how ironic!) and fell in love. Now I have to see it again, and this time I’m taking my parents. Shhh! It’s a surprise.
3.      Maegan’s Wedding – she’s been one of my closest friends since I moved to Louisa and she’s starting a new chapter of her life with the love of her life. I couldn’t be more happy for her
4.      Miss Virginia locals – it is part of “The Plan,” after all
5.      Memories – I know the memories I make over the next year will forever be etched in my mind and I can’t wait to experience them
6.      Classes – that’s what I’m here for, right? ;-) I commit to being a lifelong learner

I'm ready for this...I think?

Miss Virginia 2011. Made Top 11!
Disclaimer: Despite there being many pictures of me at parties, I really, truly, honestly did not party my life away. 

Until next time, this is my Scholarship story.





No comments

Post a Comment

Testing

Life is Deleesh. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.