QUOTE

From the view of a 20-something dream chaser.

Furnish a Room on a Budget

Monday, December 10, 2012

I moved to New York in September. It is now December and the furnishing of my room is finally complete. And guess what: I did it all on a budget! You should be proud. I always start with these huge ideas and I keep at it until it becomes a reality. That's what happened with my room. At first, all I knew was that I wanted it to be classy. Well, of course. This is me we're talking about here. But there had to be something more...

Black and white have been my favorite colors for quite some time because I think they are just the epitome of class, so that was the "theme" I gave my bedroom. I shopped around and rummaged through my parents' home in Virginia until it all came together. I can't take credit for it all, because my mother helped me quite a lot. Her design sense (and cents) is incredible and I couldn't have done it without her. I know they say bedrooms are intimate and blah blah blah but I'm an open person and I like to share. Plus, the vast majority of you reading this will probably not get the chance to see it in the flesh anyway. So here go the photos. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, please do ask!






Dresser - Craigslist, came with a chest of drawers for $160 total

Headboard - Groupon, $80

Mattress and box spring - Ashley Furniture, originally $2500, got it for $750

Comforter - Target, $19.99

Yellow pillows - Target, $14.99ea.

Black and white pillow - IKEA, $12.99

Desk - IKEA, $119

Desk chair - Mom found it at a beauty shop, $20

Curtains - Walmart, $14.99

Rug - Walmart, $39.99

Floor lamp - IKEA, $19.99

Audrey Hepburn wall decor - gifted from a close friend

As you can see, I didn't really splurge on anything except my mattress (and boy, let me tell ya, it was worth it!). It didn't come together all at once, but it came together quite beautifully, if I do say so myself.  It's my own little corner and I adore it. This is what dreams are made of.

P.S. I'll do a post on my living room another time.

No comments

Post a Comment

Testing

Life is Deleesh. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.